Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Time Warp Challenge--Day 4


Today's challenge is...

Lights, camera, action!
This one was hard for me. I'm not sure why it was so hard for me to think of a nostalgic movie, song, or piece of literature.  I reflected on what I listened to, read, and watched growing up but I could not come up with any ideas I liked. Then, while I least expected it, inspiration struck.  I remembered reading a certain poem over and over because of the nonsensical gibberish in it.  It was introduced to us kids by my dad (who is the best story teller ever) and my sister and I became obsessed.  So without further ado, I introduce you to my friend...
...the Jabberwocky!

The poem, by Lewis Carroll, was originally from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There however, I was unaware of this until I was in high school and reading Through the Looking-Glass.  As the many years have passed, my sister and I still know the words to this wonderous poem and although it is full of nonsense words, you can still make sense of it as the words used are imitations of words.  It's my favorite poem ever.  Now on with more manicure pictures...
My nails say "...and with it's head he went galumphing back." This are the last lines in the fifth stanza and since I painted the Jabberwocky it was only fitting to slay him as painting him sure did the same to me:)
In Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There Alice comes across a book written in what seems like a different language language. She soon realizes that everything is written backwards, so Alice holds a mirror to the book and reads the reflected verse of "Jabberwocky."  Because of this, I included some shots with a mirror just for fun;)
I know it's kind of a mess (and that many of you probably dislike it), but I love this manicure.  It was SO time consuming, but I love the result!  It would be PERFECT for Halloween!

Polishes used: OPI Skull and Glossbones

What movie, song, or piece of literature would you have chosen?

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! What a cool idea!! Words on nails tend to stump me, but you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nicole! I was afraid everyone would hate this and think it's too sloppy. It looks a little messy up close but further away it's not so bad. I'm glad you like the words, I was debating on writing on my nails or not. Thanks, dear:)

      Delete
  2. I suck at writing words on my nails - you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks great, I think ur right though it is 'messy' but I think that adds to the character of the jabberwocky! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures with the mirrors!!! It was a really clever idea! :)

    ReplyDelete