Friday, October 25, 2013

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary...

Yes, lovelies, I created a manicure inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's well-known poem, The Raven. I think this is a very classy way to wear "Halloween Nails" without being too grotesque or juvenile. If you've never read this poem (or the Tell Tale Heart) it is a great, seasonal read. In the poem the mysterious bird repeats "nevermore" as the narrator wrestles with himself. I chose to focus on the eerie message of the raven and use the bird's words as inspiration. Since I am no expert in the field of nail art, I chose to keep it as simple as possible. Here is my take on this haunting poem...
I have to admit, I really love this look despite it having no semblance of a bird. Maybe some day when I have a steadier hand I will be able to create a silhouette of a raven. Until then, this is as good as it gets. I think I will have to recreate this for Halloween, perhaps replacing Dahlia with Dhara:)
Polishes used: Zoya Purity, Dahlia, and Claudine (CONFESSION: I used a Sharpie to write the word "Nevermore")

4 comments:

  1. This is just perfect! I love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! I couldn't agree more;)

      Delete
  2. I just now saw this on Pinterest and had to hop on to your blog! I love everything about this mani! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Lu! I appreciate your feedback and hope you come again soon:)

      Delete