Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall Favorites: Oxblood

The oxblood trend hit its stride last fall, but I cannot let it go! I adore dark, vampy autumn colors. Add a flawless shine and I could wear this color all fall and not get bored! In my eyes it is an autumn staple and neutral. I can wear a stunning oxblood manicure with any outfit.

A recent favorite of mine is Zoya Toni.
This beauty debuted last fall as part of the fall collections (Designer '12). As you can see, Toni leans a little purple for an oxblood. But in my eyes she still fits the bill. It doesn't hurt that this highly pigmented beauty does not stain and has flawless application. She is lovely and is highly recommended if you have not yet been satisfied by other oxblood polishes.

Other beautiful oxblood hues that I have previously included in other posts are,
Barielle Wool You Marry Me? (browned oxblood creme)
Barielle Erica's Pencil Skirt (deep, nearly black oxblood jelly)
Zoya Vanessa (shifts from bright berry to deep, nearly black oxblood)
Zoya Pepper (browned, creamy oxblood)
AND the perfect topper for your oxblood polish to give it a bit of an edge:
Bad Ass Polish Chocolate Covered Cherry (bronze and pink fine glitter)

Zoya nail polish is available for purchase through their website. PixieDust polishes retail for $9.00 each.  Sign up for a Zoya account today and receive points that can be redeemed for promotions and discounts.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I haven't used Zoya Toni in awhile, and I think I should quite soon ... :) Pretty swatch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I love dark reds for fall, and Zoya Toni is a perfect example of why colors like this are so beautiful! Toni is one of those that I do not wear year round, so I dug her out again for fall. I hope you enjoy the next time that you use her!

      Delete