Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Fun Challenge--Day 3

Lindsey at the Neverland Nail Blog is so incredibly creative.  I love her blog so very much and about 3 weeks ago she announced The Summer Fun Challenge.
Day 3: PooL ParTy!
 While brainstorming for this manicure, all I could only think of beach towels, beach balls, inflatable pool toys, splashing, and sunscreen.  I was not very motivated to go down that road, so I started thinking of swimwear and immediately "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" by Brian Hyland popped into my head!  This song adequately reflects my feelings about wearing a swimsuit for the first time each year.
Disclaimer: I am actually afraid of yellow nail polish, so this was a more golden polka dot bikini;)  I created this manicure using 3 coats of China Glaze Champagne Bubbles with 3 coats of Zoya Purity as an accent nail.  The golden yellow rhinestones are from an AL Cosmetics Mix Styles Glitter Rhinestone Wheel #5.

For a look at other Pool Party manicures click on the pictures below...

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I had the same song stuck in my head so based my design on it too.

    ReplyDelete