Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pink Week: Zoya Kate

This week has been deemed "Pink Week."  My posts will feature a pink-ish polish that has not yet gained its due recognition:)  


Today's lovely polish is my namesake Zoya polish:
Zoya describes Kate as a "Soft medium dusty mauve with hints of rose-pink and brown."  Once again Zoya perfectly describes another lovely polish.  While many polish lovers complain about hating their namesake polish by Zoya, I enjoy mine.  I am not really a mauve lover, however choosing this polish (for its name of course) made me realize that it isn't "old lady-ish" or "matronly."


The Verdict:
I love Zoya's nail polish, that is no secret.  Kate does not disappoint.  The application is so buttery smooth, the pigmentation is perfect, and the finish is so glossy.  This is one of my favorite polishes to wear in the autumn, and mauve is only matronly if you wear it with matronly clothing;)  


That aside, this is my mom's ALL TIME FAVORITE polish (my mom is a far cry from matronly, but she is sophisticated).  The first time she tried it (last summer) as a pedi, she fell in love.  It was soft enough to not wash out her skin, warm enough to not give her zombie feet, and pigmented enough to showcase her feet in sandals.  When she had her next pedi, she raved about the polish but the salon could not match this color with its "other" brands.  Alas, my mom and I each have our lovely little bottle of Kate and have our favorite purpose for her in our lives:)


You can purchase Zoya Nail polish from their website for $8 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment